How to Help
There are several ways you can support the mission of the Milford Sailing Foundation:
- Donate financial support – Since it is a volunteer organization, 95% of your donated dollars are applied directly to fund various programs.
- Gifts-in-kind* – The Foundation is actively soliciting the donation of boats, sails, and marine equipment to support its mission. Boats and marine equipment must be in very good working order and have an immediately achievable use in the Foundation’s programs or an easily achievable monetary value to be accepted by the Foundation. Boats may be sail or power.
- Leave a legacy – When estate planning, consider leaving a legacy for a new generation of sailors by naming the Sailing Foundation in your will or you may request contributions in your memory be donated to the Foundation.
Your contribution can provide the following:
- $2,000 – 4,000 will purchase a nearly new Opti, Laser or Club 420.
- $1,500 will provide a scholarship and life jacket to an area student.
- $250- $450 will purchase a dolly for either a 420, Laser or Opti.
- $100 will buy new teaching aids; lessons are an important feature of our program.
- $50 will provide for a week’s worth of boat fuel for one of our safety boats.
Please contact us if you would like to make a donation.